Meet The Team - Helen Colonques
A big thanks to M/M member Helen Colonques for taking some time to share a piece of her life with us so we can get to know her a little better.
- Your favourite pose and why? Bakasana (Crow Pose). I initially found it really difficult to get Bakasana until Laura Gonzales (MM) took the time to give me the low down on how to go about this without planting my face on the floor. A big thank you to Laura.
- Why did you start yoga? I started Yoga in October of 2016 after being ill with a mysterious illness for about 4 months. I decided that if I got though the illness I would start to practice Yoga, as it was something I had always wanted to do.
- Where will we find you off the mat? Somewhere in the world with a camera in hand.
- Favourite restaurant on the Northern Beaches? Boulevard Bistro Avalon. Great French food and I get to practice my French language skills
- What are 3 things left to do on your bucket list? Photograph the Bengal Tiger in India. Study Yoga in India. Work for National Geographic to photograph & highlight the plight of endangered species.
- Favourite beach? Freshwater Beach. I spent all my days there when I was growing up in Harbord.
- What makes you laugh? My husband, Daniel.
- What song do you love to dance too? Jason Mraz, I’m Yours and Lucky both resonate strongly with me because: I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend &
Lucky to have been where I have been.
- What was your favourite childhood TV show/movie? Hey Hey it’s Saturday which was so politically incorrect by todays standard. We would not leave the house for a date before the show finished.
- What did you eat for breakfast? My home made organic yoghurt and fresh fruit.